Wednesday 22 December 2010

A Week of Lips: Hourglass Femme Rouge in Nocturnal

I was sent this lipstick by a very lovely like-minded friend. It's another that I have only worn once before. The fir`st time I wore it, I actually found it quite drying so I made sure I'd applied lip balm underneath. I shouldn't have worried though as I actually found it to be quite creamy and moisturising. I think the difference was that I was mostly indoors yesterday rather than out in the cold and wind last time.


Over lipbalm





I adore this colour, it is a dark, cool berry shade and has a lovely glossy sheen. It reminds me a little of Edward Bess Night Romance but I think Nocturnal is a few notches darker. The lipstick formula is soft and easy to apply. I didn't realise how wobbly my lines were before looking at the close ups. I'm sure this could be easily corrected applying with a lip brush but I rather like applying this straight from the bullet. It's pigmented and lasts well. It did have a tendency to fade out from the centre so l would recommend having a mirror on hand for touch ups. It would be no embarrassment getting this lipstick out in public though. I love the outer casing and both the unusual bullet shape and the firm lid closure are nice features.

I'm so taken with this the second time round that I'm eyeing up other shades. I think some of the lighter colours would be great for everyday. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that these will feature in the Zuneta sale.

Hourglass Femme Rouge lipsticks are available exclusively from Zuneta in the UK and cost £22.

11 comments:

  1. That's a nice shade on you; bright, but not too blue-based.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Get Gawjus! After trying it again, I think I'm going to be reaching for it quite a lot.

    Thank you Grace, I'm really pleased with how it looks. Although I've classed it as a bold lip, I find it really wearable. I'm on the hunt for swatches of the other colours now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really suits you, there does seem to be a variant in the amount of moisture, I would say the lighter coloured are the most moisturising.
    I'm starting to see a rather large Zuneta order in your future, bear in mind those new Edward Bess lip shades are coming out soon as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really suits your hair and colouring, lovely shade janey baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour says I'm ready for the office, I'm classy and serious but feminine as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Replica! Thank you :). I think your Mystic Meg predictions are spot on. I spotted the fact that they accept Paypal now so there will be no stopping me!

    Thank Sarah, I popped it on again this evening. I really love it.

    Thanks Skin Scrubs! I'm a laaady. I'll keep the creasey eye looks well away from this baby!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a pretty shade, a little too dark for me, but looks great with your coloring. Does anyone know where I can find Pout lipstick. I picked up a really pretty pink in Vancouver a few years ago and can't seem to find someone who sells this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for the comment. I asked around and apparently Pout has been discontinued. I'm not sure whether anyone sells old stock online though. It's probably worth a web search.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mercee, I'm thinking of Fresco. I quite fancy on of the brighter pinks like Fever but we'll see. I'll do the research for the both of us ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pretty, looks gorgeous on you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails